This Sunday we’ll take a look at Luke 7:1-35, and see how John the Baptist, while in prison, expressed a momentary sense of doubt in Jesus when he heard news about Jesus’ ministry. We’ll also see how Jesus responded, not by criticizing John, but by calling him to greater faith. We hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@6pm “Why?” Video Study by Chip Ingram in the youth room
When Prophets Doubt ~ Luke 7:1-35
The sermon in one sentence: Questions and doubts can creep into our faith, but Jesus graciously answers and spurs us to greater faithfulness.
- Why might we doubt, question, or reject Jesus? (7:18-35)
- Life circumstances cause us to struggle in our faith
- Jesus doesn’t match the expectations we place on him
- Our sinful hearts remain stubbornly opposed to God
- How do we stand firm in faith over doubt, questioning, and rejection?
- Realize Jesus’ power and authority over life and death (7:1-17)
- Go to Jesus with your questions (7:18-29)
- Remember who you are in Jesus (7:24-28)
Songs for Worship
Let There Be Praise
The Solid Rock
Like a River Glorious
O Jesus, I Have Promised
I Know Whom I Have Believed
As the Deer
Image used and modified with permission from: https://pixabay.com/en/milky-way-night-landscape-1669986/