This Sunday we’ll transition from prayer to fasting in our “The Art of Prayer and Fasting” sermon series; we’ll take a look at various scripture passages and see what they teach us about fasting. Then on Sunday night, we’ll continue our video study Follow Me. We hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@2pm Evangelism and Missions Team Meeting in gym
@6pm “Follow Me” video study
Learning to Fast ~ Various Scriptures
The sermon in one sentence: Fasting helps to deepen our dependence on God and opens opportunity for extended time in prayer, scripture, and helping others in their time of need.
- We fast because we have been made righteous by God, not to be made righteous by God (Isaiah 58:1-5)
- We fast to remind us that we are not yet physically present with Jesus (Mark 2:18-22)
- We fast in order to spend extended time in prayer (Acts 13:1-3)
- We fast in order to spend extended time in God’s word (Luke 4:4)
- We fast in order to help care for the disadvantaged (Isaiah 58:6-10)
Songs for Worship
In Christ Alone
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Take My Life and Let it Be