This Sunday, we’ll take a look at the first nine plagues in Exodus and consider how they reflect our heart-idols that God smashes with his great glory. Then on Sunday night, we’ll continue our video series through Philippians. We hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@Noon CPR Training in the Gym
@6pm Philippians Study in Youth Room
Idol Smashing Glory ~ Exodus 7:1-10:29
The sermon in one sentence: Rescued from our sin by Jesus, we are to live each day for the glory of God not for the glory of our idols.
- Live for the glory of God (7:1-13, 9:16)
- God is glorified in our salvation
- Will we honor God through our salvation?
- …not for the glory of idols (7:14-10:29)
- An idols is anything we value more than we value God
- Four hard-hearted responses to God’s judgment against idols: denial, refusal, backtracking, and continued sin
- The changed-heart response: Saying to God, “You’ve saved me, now show me how to order my life to glorify you”
Songs for Worship
To God Be the Glory
Hosanna, Loud Hosanna
King of Glory