This Sunday we’ll consider the tale of two sisters in Luke 10:38-42 and see how this snapshot from Mary and Martha’s life helps us to understand that being with Christ is what matters most in life. We hope to see you there! With the holiday weekend, there will be no evening study.
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
**No evening activities
What Matters Most ~ Luke 10:38-42
On holidays, we tend to seek rest from our normal routines and work. In life, it is easy to get stressed out and overwhelmed. The answer is finding rest in our Lord.
- A tale of two sisters: Martha, the busy worrier; and Mary, the calm worshiper
- Jesus tells Martha that she needed to join Mary and not be overwhelmed by the good things, but rather singularly focused on the best
- The gospel call is a call to be with Jesus and find rest (10:42, Matthew 11:28-30)
- To find rest in Jesus is to realize that God has not given us a multitude of things to do in order to please him; but rather to trust that Jesus has provided for us and then we go do
- Each day we must spend time at the feet of Jesus in our devotions of Scripture and prayer