This Sunday we’ll take a look at the short letter of Jude and see what it means to contend well for our faith. Then on Sunday night, we will continue our Global Gospel study as the children practice for their upcoming Christmas program. Hope to see you there!
@945 Sunday School / Small Groups for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@6pm Global Gospel study (meet in youth room)
@6pm Children’s Christmas Program Practice in auditorium
Contend for the Faith ~ Jude
Jude warned the church against false teachers, especially in the realm of sexual ethics, and called the church to contend well for the faith. We must do the same in our culture today.
- Contend for a noble cause–the historic Christian faith (Jude 3)
- Contend for the core gospel message that defines our faith (Jude 3)
- Contend against the idea, and those who teach it, that God’s grace gives us freedom to sin (Jude 4)
- How do we contend well?
- We refuse to listen to or fellowship with those who teach such a twisting of grace (Jude 5-19)
- We keep pursing after Jesus, growing in faith, and fleeing from sin (Jude 20-21)
- We show God’s compassion and love to others, seeking to lead them out of sin (Jude 22-23)