This Sunday we’ll take a look at Zechariah 8 and see how God desires that his people be a joyful people. Then on Sunday evening we’ll continue our video study The Gospel in a World of Religions. Hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@6pm The Gospel in a World of Religions study
The Joy of Salvation ~ Zechariah 8:18-23
- God’s concern for joy: He wants his people to be happy in him (8:18-23)
- Fasting represents mourning; feasting represents joyful celebration (8:18-19)
- God desires for his own glory includes his desire for his people’s joy (Psalm 5:11-12, John 17:13, etc.)
- Because joy celebrates God’s goodness and grace (8:20-21)
- Because joy provides a witness to the world (8:22-23)
- How do we grow in joy?
- We ponder our salvation in Christ (8:1-8)
- We hear the word and promises of the Lord (8:9-13)
- We do good to and serve other people (8:15-17)
- What do we do when we struggle with joy?
- Remember that we live in a sin-corrupted world which cannot sustain our joy and hope
- Deal with the physical causes that you can (take a break, a vacation, a nap; adjust your schedule; see a doctor)
- Deal with the spiritual causes as able (Psalm 51, Psalm 42)