This Sunday we’ll take a look at the Song of Solomon and see what it teaches us about Marriage and Love. Then in the evening we will have our final session of Winter Bible Study. Revive! 2016 begins next Sunday evening at 6pm (click here for more details). Hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@6pm Winter Bible Study in church library
A Song of Love ~ Song of Solomon
What lessons does the Song teach us about marriage and love?
- See the love of marriage as being about both commitment and passion as it models the love of Jesus for his church (verses throughout)
- For the not-married: Know that the deeper intimacy of love has a right time, and learn to wait for it (2:7, 3:5, 8:4)
- Freely and liberally praise your spouse and seek to build them up where their insecurities lay (1:1-2:17)
- Rekindle the fire when the passion begins to die down (5:2-7:13)
- Seek to make your marriage an example for others (8:8-14)