This Sunday we’ll take a look at Proverbs 3, consider the worth of wisdom and how we are to seek after Christ-centered wisdom. Sunday evening will also be the final session of our Bonhoeffer video series. Hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@6pm Bonhoeffer study in the church library
The Worth of Wisdom ~ Proverbs 3:13-35
- More than mere knowledge, wisdom is using true knowledge in practical ways that honor God and help others to honor God
- Why value wisdom and how does it relate to Jesus?
- It brings true happiness; such joy is ultimately found in Christ alone (3:13)
- It is more precious than all the wealth of the world; Jesus is our greatest treasure (3:14-16)
- It leads to peace; Jesus is our peace with God who helps us live at peace with others (3:17)
- It leads to life; Jesus is the ultimate source of life (3:18)
- It helps us to mimic our all-wise, Creator God; Jesus is the great One to be mimicked (3:19-20)
- It helps us to avoid stumbling in sin; Jesus is the one who frees us from sin and leads us from its snare (3:21-23)
- It brings confidence from God; Jesus is our great confidence and hope (3:24-26)
- It helps us to love our neighbors; Jesus is the ultimate source of love in our lives (3:27-32)
- It brings and inheritance of honor; Jesus is the One with whom we share a perfect inheritance (3:33-35)
- How do you gain wisdom?
- Trust God whole-heartedly (3:5)
- Humbly depend on God each day (3:5-7)
- Stand in a sin-avoiding awe of God (3:7-8)