This Sunday we’ll take a look at 1 John 2:1-17 and see what the Bible tells us about living a life in pursuit of spiritual growth. There will be no evening activities as we close out the holiday weekend. Hope to see you there!
@945 Sunday School / Small Groups for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
**No evening activities
A Life of Spiritual Growth ~ 1 John 2:1-17
Spiritual growth is about moving forward, becoming more mature and more like Christ. From the moment we come to Christ to the moment we leave this life in him, we are to grow.
- Make it your aim to not sin (2:1-2)
- John’s purpose in writing this letter was that believers would grow in Jesus and avoid sin
- In Jesus, we have a continuing advocate when we do fail–he bore God’s wrath for all our sin
- Make it your passion to love (2:3-11, 15-17)
- Our duty is to keep his commandments
- The primary command is love
- The other side of love is to not love the “things of the world”–the ambitions of lust, envy, and pride
- Make it your journey to progress (2:12-14)