This Sunday, we’ll take a look at what Paul wrote in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11 about the return of Jesus and the hope we have because of it. Vacation Bible School also kicks off at 6pm. For more VBS info, click here. Hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@6pm VBS2015 Begins!
The Return of Jesus ~ 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11
Why reflect on Jesus’ return?
- It gives us hope against life’s greatest darkness–death (4:13)
- It helps us to encourage and build up one another in faithfully following Jesus (4:18, 5:5-11)
- It helps us faithfully reflect the hope and righteousness of Jesus in everything we do (5:5)
What do we learn about the return of Jesus?
- It is the death of death (4:14-17)
- It is loud, visible, and global (4:16)
- It will mark the moment that we are forevermore in the presence of Jesus (4:17)
- Its suddenness will surprise the world but it should not surprise followers of Jesus (5:1-4)
- It brings about eternal salvation for God’s people and eternal wrath for those who have rejected God and chosen sin (5:9, 2 Thess 1:7-10)