This week we’ll look at a passage from Mark 9 where Jesus challenged a man who expressed doubt and the man replied with a simple prayer, “I believe, help my unbelief!” Hope to see you there!
@945 Small Groups / Sunday School for all ages
@1045 Worship Gathering
@6pm Adult Bible Study in church library, Praying with Paul by D.A. Carson (3 of 8)
What To Do With Doubt ~ Mark 9:14-29
- We all experience seasons of doubt where our faith seems weaker than at other times; this leads us to the question: What do we do when we doubt?
- Two errors to avoid:
- To glorify doubt as a virtue
- To ignore the reality of doubt
- When we face doubt, to help renew and grow our faith:
- We must see Jesus for who he is (9:23, 9:2-8)
- We must use times of doubt to drive us closer to God through prayer (9:24, 29)